How to: The following steps guide you through Synchronizing CardScan to another user’s Contact Folder in Outlook. This is a 3 step process. You will need access to both computers to complete these steps.
Note: An administrative account is needed to complete delegation rights process.
Step 1: (Delegation rights) for the recipient.
Note: The following steps are preformed from the user’s PC that will be receiving the Contacts. CardScan requires non-editing permission to the Mailbox and author permission to the Contacts.
Permissions to Mailbox:
- Open the other user's Outlook client
- Right-click Mailbox – Username or Outlook Today from the Folder List view in Outlook and choose Properties (in Outlook 2010 choose Folder Permissions). A Properties dialog opens.
- Click the Permissions Tab and select Add. An Add Users dialog opens.
- Select the user who will be physically scanning cards into CardScan from the list and click Add.
- Click the Permission Level drop-down and choose Non-editing Author.
- Click OK.
Permissions to Contacts:
- Open the other user's Contacts in Outlook client
- Right-click the Contact folder where CardScan contacts will be stored from the Folder List view in Outlook and choose Properties. A Properties dialog opens.
- Click the Permissions Tab and click Add. An Add Users dialog opens.
- Select the CardScan user from the list and click Add.
- Click the Permission Level drop-down and choose Author.
- Click OK.
Step 2: Opening the Mailbox - The Following steps are done from the PC that has CardScan installed.
Note: You must have at least non-editor permission to the user mailbox, in order to open the user’s mailbox and see it in your Folder List. If you do not have non-editor permissions to the other user’s mailbox, contact your administrator. (Already preformed in step 1)
- Open Outlook
- Click Tools and select E-Mail Accounts. In Outlook 2010, select File and select Account Settings > Account Settings.
- Click View or change existing e-mail accounts, and then click Next.
- In the list, click the Exchange account type, and then click Change.
- Click More Settings, and then click the Advanced tab.
- Click Add, and then type the mailbox name of the person whose mailbox you want to add to your user profile. If you do not know the mailbox name of the person, contact your administrator.
- Close and Reopen Outlook.
Step 3: Synchronize to the other user’s Contact folder.
Note: When configuring CardScan Synchronization, keep in mind that you should use the same files for all subsequent synchronizations. (Step 5 is important)
To configure CardScan Synchronization with Outlook:
- Open CardScan
- Choose File > Data Exchange > CardScan Synchronization. The CardScan Synchronization dialog appears.
- Click Configure. The Configure Synchronization dialog appears.
- Under select application, select Outlook. The description of the version requirements appears below the list of applications.
- Under CardScan file, click Browse to select the CardScan file to synchronize.
- Under Outlook folder, click Select to select an Outlook folder to synchronize. This is where you will see the other user’s Mailbox click the Plus sign next to there mailbox and select there Contact folder. The Select folder dialog appears.
- Select a folder to synchronize and click OK.
- (Optional) On the Configure Synchronization dialog, click Options to review or edit the default synchronization options for the selected application.
- (Optional) On the Configure Synchronization dialog, click Field Mapping to review or edit the default field mapping for the selected application.
- Click OK to save the configuration and return to the CardScan Synchronization dialog.
TIP: On the Quick Access bar, you can display either the Synchronize button or the Transfer button. To switch between these buttons, use the drop-down list next to the currently displayed one.